Case Study: Thrift Books
- HQ: Auburn, WA
- Industry: Online Retailer (Used Books)
- Wheelhouse Partner Since: 2012
- Services Provided: SEO, Digital Advertising
Pioneer a digital advertising program to accelerate growth for nation’s largest online seller of used books.
The Road Map
- Restructure Google Shopping campaigns by specific categories for more tailored management
- Adjust bid rules and targets to drive growth and address trending
- Aggressively monitor search queries to maximize efficiency through negatives and apply successful search terms to the keyword lists
- Proactively ramp up traffic moving into the holiday season
- Develop a comprehensive, integrated digital campaign including 4M keywords, 2M Product Listing Ads (PLAs), and multiple shopping campaigns, all supported by campaign-level remarketing
From modest beginnings (our initial market test required a budget of just $5,000), Wheelhouse DMG has built, and continues to manage, a digital campaign of immense complexity and sophistication that delivers millions in profit for Thrift Books. The company is now the nation’s largest online seller of used books, with more than six million titles in stock at any given time.
“The number one reason ThriftBooks uses Wheelhouse for our SEM needs is performance. Their diligence in managing our account has allowed us to increase our spend to drive triple-digit increases in sales, customer acquisition, and profitability over the last three years. The fact that they are local is an added bonus. ”
– Matt Sand, VP of Marketing, Thrift Books
Having exceeded Thrift Books’s initial ROI targets long ago, we now focus on driving the biggest year-over-year gains possible — achieving 98% year-over-year revenue growth while simultaneously increasing Return on Advertising Spending (ROAS) by 59%.